The Harper Government just took to court a man suffering the long term, permanent effects of Residential School. For Donald Lemmond, it got worse! Abandoned as a child, he was sexually abused as a child by his adopted father and uncle until he was 16. And most recently he had a quadruple bypass. Finally, he now suffers from blood clots in his legs. His lawyer describes him as “a lonely isolated man who really has no family, no friends, no life.” Should we be surprised? The Canadian Government kicked the mental shit out of him as a child. Now the Harper Government dragged him through a court case because he was trying to be a somebody.read more
Home Solar Panels Fiasco or How can Canada go Green when the Green Energy Companies Treat Customers so Poorly?
Can the Canadian Government better make sure Canadians trying to promote green energy are better protected from fly-by-night solar panel companies!read more
Twenty years ago, I read The Road Less Travelled by Scott Peck. With his first sentence, “Life is difficult,” Peck (psychologist and bestselling author) captured my interest. “Once we truly understand and accept it, then life is no longer difficult. Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters,” wrote Peck. I would refer to this book over and over in the next decades of living on and off with depression.read more
- Teen who died from suspected fentanyl overdose identified
- 3D-printed drug approved in U.S. for 1st time ever
- Quebec man says province won't pay for 'experimental' $60K liver cancer treatment in Germany
- Cerebral palsy linked to genetic anomalies
- Cover, hover or hold? Why you needn't fear public toilets
- Healthy eating on the road was harder than I thought
- American abortion debate reignited by secret videos
“We all have a story we tell ourselves; change the story and you change your destiny.”
– Sharif Khan, author of THE HERO SOUL
Stories have the power to transform, inspire and motivate. But they also have the power to tear down and destroy. Story is the lens from which we perceive the world, governing our behavior and ultimately leading to a self-fulfilling – or story-fulfilling – prophecy.